This service has qualified for the NZTE Capability Development Voucher Scheme, and is eligible for voucher redemption.
This one day workshop is a tool for your leadership development. It is designed to help you create and accomplish your personal best, and to help you lead others to get extraordinary things done.
By accepting the challenge to lead, you come to realise that the only limits are those you place on yourself. The emphasis of this workshop is on managing people.
Following the workshop 3 one hour coaching sessions are provided to support you as you put your learning into practice.
The content includes how to:
- Quantify your leadership effectiveness and explore your leadership abilities in different situations
- Deal with difficult people
- Give constructive feedback
- Identify non-verbal communication
- Conduct a performance review process
- Manage performance review problems
- Manage talent to achieve high performance
- Monitor performance
- Discipline effectively
On completion of the workshop you will be able to:
- Identify your leadership profile and explore ways to use this knowledge to improve your success as a manager
- Clarify your role and responsibilities in allocating work assignments
- Use established techniques to deal with employee challenges such as hostility, complaints, and laziness
- More effectively use motivation and feedback skills
- Understand the importance of non-verbal responses in communication
- Recognise the importance of having a performance review process for employees and make performance appraisals a cooperative process
- Recognise the differences between Performance and Talent Management
- Describe the skills required to recognise and foster talent within your staff
- Better monitor employee’s performance
- Understand the process of disciplining an employee and if necessary firing an employee
You will receive a workbook that includes an overview of this training for your future reference.
Workshop of One Day
3 one hour coaching sessions
(additional coaching can be provided on an hourly rate or a customised one-to-one training and package can be agreed and priced in advance with a client.)
Please contact us for more information
Back to Managing Resources