This service has qualified for the NZTE Capability Development Voucher Scheme, and is eligible for voucher redemption.
This two-day course will give participants the foundation to begin implementing Lean process improvement tools in their workplace.
The first day will explore the foundations of Lean through the Toyota precepts and the five critical improvement concepts (value, waste, variation, complexity, and continuous improvement).
The second day will give participants tools to perform continuous improvement in their organisation, including 5S, 5W-2H, PDSA, DMAIC, Kaizen, Genchi Genbutsu, and various Lean data mapping methods.
After this course, participants will be able to:
- Define Lean and its key terms
- Describe the Toyota Production System and the TPS house
- Describe the five critical improvement concepts
- Use the Kano model to understand, describe, analyse, and improve value
- Identify and reduce various types of waste
- Create a plan for a more environmentally Lean organisation
- Use the PDSA and R-DMAIC-S models to plan, execute, and evaluate Lean changes
- Use Lean thinking frameworks, including 5W-2H, Genchi Genbutsu and Gemba
- Prepare for and complete a basic 5-S
- Describe the key elements of Kaizen events, particularly a Kaizen blitz
- Gather, analyse, and interpret data using flow charts, Ishikawa (fishbone) diagrams, SIPOC diagrams, and value stream maps
- Go back to their organisation with a plan to begin incorporating Lean into their corporate culture
You will receive a workbook that includes an overview of this training for your future reference
Workshop of Two Days
Please contact us for more information
Back to Lean/Business Operation