Pivotal’s leader, Sheryl Smail has local, national and international credibility in her field and a reputation for achieving results.
It’s no wonder that repeat business and client referrals have been the backbone of Pivotal’s business.
“I really enjoy the diversity of Pivotal’s clients and the projects they involve us with. One day I can be putting my mind to designing and facilitating a process that will enable the directors of a board to develop a long term strategy and the next I can be doing a mix of conflict resolution and training with members of a team that has become unproductive because of interpersonal dynamics. No one experience stands out as the highlight. I find it all incredibly satisfying – personally and professionally.” Sheryl Smail
Sheryl is well equipped to add value to Pivotal’s diverse client base.
- Master of Business Administration 1991 (Victoria University)
- Diploma in Health Administration 1984 (Massey University)
- Chartered Member 2008 (Institute of Directors)
- Certified Professional Facilitator 2008 (International Association of Facilitators)
- Associate Certified Coach 2016 (International Coach Federation)
- Accredited mediator 2005 (LEADR)
- Trained Cinergy Conflict Coach 2010 (LEADR)
- Registered General & Obstetric Nurse 1973 (Nursing Council of New Zealand) – non practicing
Outside of Pivotal Sheryl is an experienced barista, making coffee with her husband in their mobile espresso business at local markets and events is fantastic stress relief and keeps Sheryl in touch with the broader community. She is also an enthusiastic player of the ukulele: she loves it and enjoys performing whenever she gets the opportunity. When work is over, the wide open spaces call – camping, travel and tending the thousand or more native trees she and Ian have planted over the last 20 years.