This service has qualified for the NZTE Capability Development Voucher Scheme, and is eligible for voucher redemption.
This service is a blend of one-to-one training and coaching. It provides a fully customised learning opportunity for business owners and managers who want to improve their business performance through stronger leadership and more effective management of staff. The client’s existing skill set , business priorities and staff-related challenges determine the focus for the one-to-one training.
The content may include:
- Essential Leadership Skills – Effective Communication; Coaching; Facilitative Leadership
- Managing People and Performance – Performance Appraisals; Effective Monitoring of Performance; Succession Planning; Disciplinary Processes
- Effective Recruitment – from HR planning and appointment processes to induction into the workplace
- Conflict Resolution: Preventing and Addressing Conflict in the Workplace – tools and techniques
- Supporting effective time management in your staff – Delegating effectively; Short term goal setting; Prioritising work
The format is customised to the individual business owner’s requirements. A usual approach would be:
- Briefing session to agree requirements (1 – 2 hours)
- Training/coaching sessions of 1 – 2 hours duration
- Face-to-face, telephone and email support as the client puts new learning into action – the format would depend on the preferred communication and learning style of the client
On completion of the one-to-one training & coaching it is expected that as a business owner you will:
- Feel increased confidence in using effective tools and techniques to select, support and manage your staff
- Be able to take proactive steps to maintain a constructively harmonious workplace that is focused on your business priorities
- Have practical frameworks and tools to use when issues arise between your employees that impact negatively on your workplace effectiveness
- Enable your employees to more effectively support you in achieving your business priorities
- Have Quick Reference Guides for ease of use in the workplace
The duration of the one-to-one training and coaching will depend on client requirements.
Please contact us for more information
Back to Managing Resources